Monday, January 12, 2009

monday night/tuesday morning

I really have to stop staying up so late every night.  It is beginning to become a problem.  Today I missed my 8:00 Japanese class.  I suppose sitting on my computer at ten till two isn't going to help a whole lot either.


So I guess today got started on the wrong foot (me missing my Japanese class and all).  As the day progressed though, it did continue to get better and better.  Well, it slowly got better.  My next class, frisbee sports, I made a complete idiot out of myself.  I was under the impression that people took the class to get familiar at frisbee sports, but in fact they take because they are awesome, and want to play with other people who are just as awesome as they are (i.e. not Lonnie).  My last class, creative genius, was pretty fun.  I got to listen to people far smarter than me talk about things that I would have never thought to talk about.  It was very very interesting.

So after all the blah blah school stuff came the real fun.  Or well awesomeness.  First of all my BCM Bible study leader is absolutely amazing.  He is a wonderful man of God, who has a tremendous passion for Christ.  Even though he is only a junior, he is much more mature in his faith than a lot of adult Christians from home.  Anyway, Jason (our leader), decided that he wanted to add a facet to the set Bible study plans, a section about being a godly man.  And well, the discussion that we had today was absolutely what i needed.  Everything said seemed to apply to my life.  We discussed church involvement, the roles of males, relationships with other males and with females (romantic relationships, not surprisingly, took up a majority of our discussion), and even with dealing with authority.  We were giving some materials and such, but really the most valuable thing was the discussion.  The guys in that room were completely real.  It was so awesome to see people so open, and humble about things that for so long i thought you didn't even bring up at church.  It was an amazing day.

Now there were many other things that happened today, such as a little Halo playing, and NCAA '09 playing, and even eating dinner with a friend and just talking.  I have been blessed beyond comprehension and I am truly thankful for all that i have.

until next time.

Lonnie

No comments: